Thursday, January 20, 2011

Qt, improving day after day

Hey guys,

great news! Trolltech is working on merging both current Qt SDKs namely Qt SDK based on Qt 4.7 and Nokia Qt SDK. They are both including different features such as the deployment of application targeting Maemo or Symbian^3 for the Nokia Qt SDK, etc. Anyway, this is a great news!

Furthermore, the Qt Mobility framework has been finally included, which means: it is now possible to work with multimedia within QML. I really have to take a look at this one. ;)

You can read more about this here.

Enjoy!

EDIT:
Your attention please, I just installed the Qt SDK, full version. I imported the "First Tutorial" project but it didn't work. Here is the solution:

If you previously created your application with a version of QtCreator which generates a .qmlproject with
import QmlProject 1.1
You just need to downgrade this import to 1.0. Furthermore, since the version changes, the mainFile option is not available anymore. Please comment it out.

In your .qml files, do not worry about changing this:
import QtQuick 1.0
This still runs and do not impact the application (as far as I can tell). Only old QtCreator version do not support this import, if it's the case, change it to:
import Qt 4.7

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    i really like your style of explanation of QML becuase you explain from the basics and in a very clear way. It is very useful for a newbie like me. I am eagerly waiting for your next QML tutorial post. On a side note, with the QT SDK 1.1 preview version, i could not run QML application in my Windows 7 PC. Have you also noticed it?

    Thank you very much for your posts on QML so far, and i really hope you will continue to post your amazing tutorials on QT more very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Everest, thanks a lot for your comment. I'm planning on working on the second tutorial this week. Hopefully it will be done before friday ;)

    I would like to help you with your current problem. Can you tell me what's going on? Or maybe give me some ideas what you are doing and more precisely what you are obtaining for errors? That would maybe help me figuring out your problem.

    In my case, the first tutorial is working, I'm using this new QtSDK and Windows 7 just like you. I hope I'll be able to help you. :)

    ReplyDelete